How to file KRA iTax returns online?
The steps to filing KRA returns is almost common for all type of returns, perhaps it your income tax for an individual, income tax for corporates, or filing VAT returns. The only thing that probably differs from each type of tax return is the details format in which you need to submit it.
The following are the specific steps for filing KRA returns.
- Visit the iTax filing portal using https://itax.kra.go.ke/KRA-Portal/
- Login to iTAX portal with PIN and password.
- Click on ‘e-Returns’ or select ‘Returns’ from the navigation menu and click on ‘File Returns’.
- Select the Type, Enter your taxpayer’s PIN and select the Tax obligation applicable to you and click ‘Next’.
- Based on the tax obligation you have selected, it opens the relevant tax form. For example, if you have selected ‘VAT’ as your tax obligation, it will open the VAT return form.
- This page will take you through the filling process and will have detailed instructions to file tax returns.
- The instruction will also have links to download the tax returns form in Excel or ODS format. Click the relevant link to download the template and save it on your computer.
- Fill all applicable areas in the downloaded tax returns form and save your document on your computer.
- Make sure you enable macros to be able to ‘Validate’ and Zip your File.
- Go to the iTax tax return filing page and select the period for which you are filing the returns.
- Upload the zip file and agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the checkbox.
- Finally, click ‘Submit’ button to upload the returns and click ‘OK’ for the pop-up message ‘Do you want to upload the form’